Collecting a Donation When a Member Joins
You can allow members to make a donation at the same time as they make a membership payment, using a membership Add-on that is categorized as a fixed amount donation.
Important things to note with Add-ons:
- They are billed on a recurring basis. So if the member uses an automatic recurring payment billing option and a donation add-on, the Add-on will be billed each time the credit card is charged. A member can log into their account and un-select the Add-on if they no longer wish to be charged for it. Administrators can also handle this task for members.
- Pricing will be adjusted to match the billing interval for the membership level if different.
- An Add-on will be free if membership level is free.
- An Add-on will be only be charged once if membership level billing is one-time.
You can create multiple donation Add-ons set to different prices to give your members options to choose from. To set this up, follow these steps:
- Go to Labels & Membership > Membership Add-ons
- Click + Add Membership Add-on
- From here you can set the membership Add-on name, description, price and interval
- Set the “Payment category” to “Fixed Amount Donation” (this will allow you to track payments received as donations in your financial report)
- Next to “Applicable for levels” click on the membership levels that should be allowed to select the Add-on
- Click Save
- Repeat above steps for each donation Add-on you would like to offer